Paternity Lawyer in Knoxville
- Establishing paternity is the process of establishing an individual as a child’s father in the eyes of the law. This is important not only for the father, as paternity must be legally established before a father can seek to assert any co-parenting rights, but for the mother and child as well. Both the father and the mother should share in the emotional, financial and legal responsibilities involved in caring for their child. Parents working together with the child’s best interest in mind, can positively impact the child’s well-being, sense of security and outlook for the future.
- Under Tennessee law, paternity can be established in the following ways:
- Parents complete a legal form called the Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity and sign the form in front of a notary public;
- Via Court Order (if either parent has opened a case with the local Child Support Office, the local Child Support Office can file all the necessary papers to get a Court Order, which may include DNA testing); or
- DNA testing (Either parent or the local Child Support Office can request a DNA test if biological proof of paternity is wanted before a man is named the legal father.) After obtaining DNA results, paternity can be established by either entering a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity or Court Order.
- In some circumstances, you may need to disestablish paternity and this can prove to be very difficult. Whatever your legal needs may consist of, the Knoxville family law attorneys at Volunteer Law are well-equipped to assist you in your paternity case and any custody or child support litigation that follows.
A writing service evaluates the quality of its work by taking feedback from real customers. It’s a signal that the reviewers aren’t concerned about others’ reviews. pay someone to write my paper If the comments section is open, then you can write your thoughts about any product or service that you’ve tried. Create a truthful and fair review of a service if you’ve had a bad time. An expiration date should permit the submission of a top-quality essay.